The Emory ALS Center is looking for adults who are 18 years and older who are at risk for getting diagnosed with C9 ALS in the future.
This research seeks to identify what happens to healthy people who carry the gene mutation and to help scientists find a way to prevent ALS in gene carriers.
Participants will be asked to:
- Meet with a Licensed Certified Genetic Counselor
- Test for C9 ALS (saliva or blood draw)
- Clinic office visits every 6 months for 1 year for Neurologic exam, Physical exam, Blood Draw and Lumbar Puncture
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE
- 18 years or older
- Have a blood relative that was diagnosed with C9 ALS
- Carrier of C9orf72 gene and do not have symptoms of ALS
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE
Genetic testing provided at no cost (results will be offered)
Genetic counseling provided at no cost
CONTACT: Karon Simmons KMSIMM2@EMORY.EDU/404.712.4182
Click here to download a flyer containing more information.