Study Purpose:To evaluate and compare the efficacy of two dosing regimens of oral edaravone in subjects with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), based on the time from the randomization date in Study MT-1186-A02 to at least a 12-point decrease in Revised ALS Functional Rating Score (ALSFRS-R) or death, whichever happens first, over the course of the study or until oral edaravone is commercially available in that country
Type of Intervention:
Study Chair(s)/Principal Investigator(s):
Head of Medical Science, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America Inc.
Coordinating Center Contact Information
Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America Inc.
Estimated Study Start Date:
01 / 11 / 2022
Estimated Study Completion Date:
06 / 01 / 2024
Posting Last Modified Date:
05 / 15 / 2023
Date Study Added to neals.org:
12 / 09 / 2021
1. Subjects or their legally authorized representative must provide a signed and dated informed consent form to participate in the study.
2. Subjects must be able (in the judgment of the Investigator) to understand the nature of the study and all risks involved with participation in the study.
3. Subjects must be willing to cooperate and comply with all protocol restrictions and requirements.
4. Subjects must have successfully completed all Study MT-1186-A02 visits and have been compliant with study drug.
1. Subjects of childbearing potential unwilling to use an acceptable method of contraception from the Day 1/screening visit until 3 months after the last dose of study medication. Subjects who are sexually active who do not agree to use contraception during the study period.
2. Subjects who are female, of childbearing potential, and pregnant (a positive pregnancy test) or lactating at the Day 1/screening visit.
3. Subjects who have a significant risk of suicide. Subjects with any suicidal behavior or suicidal ideation of type 4 (active suicidal ideation with some intent to act, without a specific plan) or type 5 (active suicidal ideation with specific plan and intent) based on the Columbia-Suicide Severity Rating Scale (C-SSRS) at Week 48 of Study MT-1186-A02.
4. Subjects who are not eligible to continue in the study, as judged by the Investigator in conjunction with the MTDA medical monitor.
5. Subjects who are unable to take their medications orally or through a PEG/RIG tube.
Woodland Research Northwest, LLC | Recruiting
UF Health Cancer Center/Clinical Trials Office | Recruiting
Emory University - School of Medicine | Recruiting
Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine | Recruiting
Johns Hopkins University | Recruiting
Neurology Associates, P.C - Lincoln | Recruiting
University Of Pittsburgh Medical Center | Recruiting
Nerve And Muscle Center Of Texas | Recruiting
University of Washington Medical Center | Recruiting
West Virginia University School of Medicine (WVUSoM) - Movement Disorder Clinic | Recruiting
Morgantown, West Virginia
University of Alberta - Walter C Mackenzie Health Sciences Centre (WCM) | Recruiting
London Health Sciences Centre - University Hospital | Recruiting
CHU de Quebec-Hopital-Enfant-Jesus | Recruiting
Quebec City, Quebec
Health Science Center Mcmaster University | Recruiting
Universitaetsklinikum Wuerzburg | Recruiting
Tohoku University Hospital | Recruiting
Saitama Neuropsychiatric Institute | Recruiting
Toho University Omori Medical Center | Recruiting
Teikyo University Hospital | Recruiting
Tokyo Metropolitan Neurological Hospital | Recruiting
National Hospital Organization Shizuoka Institute of Epilepsy and Neurological Disorders | Recruiting
National Hospital Organization Osaka Toneyama Medical Center | Recruiting
Kansai Electric Power Hospital | Recruiting
Niigata University Medical & Dental Hospital | Recruiting
Yokohama City University Hospital | Recruiting
National Hospital Organization Utano National Hospital | Recruiting
Kyoto City, Kyoto
National Hospital Organization Kumamoto Saishun Medical Center | Recruiting
Kagawa University Hospital | Recruiting
National Hospital Organization Iou National Hospital | Recruiting
Hiroshima University Hospital | Recruiting
Fukushima Medical University Hospital | Recruiting
Murakami Karindoh Hospital | Recruiting
National Hospital Organization Chibahigashi National Hospital | Recruiting
Nagoya University Hospital | Recruiting
National Hospital Organization Higashinagoya National Hospital | Recruiting
Hanyang University Medical Center | Recruiting
Korea, Republic of
Chefarzt Muskelzentrum/ALS Clinic Kantonsspital St.Gallen Muskelzentrum/ALS Clinic | Recruiting