Study Purpose:1. To investigate the biomarkers of MND/FTD spectrum disease
2. To explore the possible pathogenesis of MND/FTD
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis , Frontotemporal Dementia , Motor Neuron Disease
Type of Intervention:
Study Chair(s)/Principal Investigator(s):
Coordinating Center Contact Information
Full Study Summary:
Peking University Third Hospital
Estimated Study Start Date:
06 / 24 / 2021
Estimated Study Completion Date:
12 / 31 / 2030
Posting Last Modified Date:
07 / 14 / 2021
Date Study Added to neals.org:
07 / 14 / 2021
1. Patients aged 18-80 years who visit Peking University Third Hospital, Beijing, China from December 2020.
Patients who diagnosis MND/FTD spectrum disease (including ALS, FAS, FLS, PLS, PBP, PMA, FTD, MND-FTD) by an experienced neurologist strictly according to a list of diagnosis criteria and clinical guidelines
2. Informed consent signed Exclusion Criteria
- Patients who receive alternative diagnoses during the follow-up.
- Patients who refuse to sign informed consent.
Control group consists of individuals matched for gender and age with the patients who are mainly the caregivers of the patients, including but not limited to the patients' spouses and their long-term nurses.
1. Suffering from neurological disease, including but not limited to motor neuron disease/frontotemporal dementia spectrum disease, dementia, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, neuromyelitis and so on.
2. Individuals who refuse to sign informed consent.