Study Purpose:The research is aimed to asses the validity of the communication system improving the quality of life and the degree of sanctification of clinical patients and their caregiver.
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Type of Intervention:
Study Chair(s)/Principal Investigator(s):
Coordinating Center Contact Information
Taipei Veterans General Hospital, Taiwan
Estimated Study Start Date:
03 / 01 / 2019
Estimated Study Completion Date:
09 / 01 / 2020
Posting Last Modified Date:
01 / 16 / 2019
Date Study Added to neals.org:
01 / 16 / 2019
- Escorial revised criteria (Brooks et al., 2000),The diagnosis of ALS requires:
(A) the presence of:
- (A:1) evidence of lower motor neuron (LMN) degeneration by clinical, electrophysiological or neuropathologic examination (A:2) evidence of upper motor neuron (UMN) degeneration by clinical examination, and
- (A:3) progressive spread of symptoms or signs within a region or to other regions, as determined by history or examination, together with: (B) the absence of (B:1) electrophysiological or pathological evidence of other disease processes that might explain the signs of LMN and/or UMN degeneration, and (B:2) neuroimaging evidence of other disease processes that might explain the observed clinical and electrophysiological signs.
- If they were Taiwanese and used traditional Chinese(Mandarin).
- If they were older than age 20 years.
- If they had been diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia, severe depression, or schizophrenia.
- If they cannot see the communication board after correction.
- If they cannot complete the questionnaire with researchers or family members help.
Taipei Veterans General Hospital