Study Purpose:CRiALS is an umbrella protocol through which people are recruited to participate in a range of research studies being conducted by the ALS Research Collaboration (ARC).
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
Type of Intervention:
Study Chair(s)/Principal Investigator(s):
Michael Benatar, MD, PhD., University of Miami
Coordinating Center Contact Information
University of Miami Miller School of Medicine
1120 NW 14 Street, STE 1312
Miami, Florida, 33136 United States
Full Study Summary:
University of Miami
Estimated Study Start Date:
02 / 01 / 2005
Estimated Study Completion Date:
12 / 01 / 2027
Posting Last Modified Date:
04 / 13 / 2022
Date Study Added to neals.org:
08 / 29 / 2005
1. At least 18 years of age.
2. Member of at least one of the following categories:
1. Individuals affected with ALS or a related neurodegenerative disease (sporadic or familial)
2. Unaffected individuals from fALS pedigrees, including pre-symptomatic individuals at genetic risk for ALS or individuals from pedigrees of ALS related diseases.
3. Healthy controls
3. Able and willing to comply with relevant procedures.
1. Subject has a condition or is in a situation which, in the PI's opinion, could confound the study finding or may interfere significantly with the individual's participation and compliance with the study protocol -- including but not limited to neurological, psychological and/or medical conditions (e.g., multiple sclerosis, neuropathy, myelopathy).
University of Miami | Recruiting